We certainly live in a fast-paced world these days, don't we? The stresses associated with work, home and our social lives can leave us feeling overwhelmed and disorganized.
However, a disorganized life is often the culmination of a number of bad habits. And we all know that habits can be changed.
By making a few small changes in how we do things can make dramatic changes in your life from one of chaos to calm.
Here are a few to try. Now remember, it takes about 21 to 30 days to form a habit so give yourself some time to form that new habit. Be patient, but persistent.
1. CHAOS - cleaning the entire home when it is trashed. CALM - cleaning a little bit each day and tidying up each night.
2. CHAOS - dropping your mail on the dining room table and going through it once in a while. CALM - sorting through your mail daily and immediately recycling and shredding the items you don't need.
3. CHAOS - tossing your keys or cell phone on the nearest table or counter, hoping to remember where they are the next time you need them. CALM - having a designated spot for your keys, purse, cell phone, etc. so you don't waste your precious time searching for them.
4. CHAOS - tossing dirty clothes and wet towels on the bathroom or bedroom floor. CALM - immediately putting dirty clothes in the hamper and wet towels on a hook or separate hamper.
5. CHAOS - scrounging around the pantry at 5:00 p.m. wondering what to make for dinner. CALM - planning your means a week at a time so you know what you are making and be confident you have everything that you need.
There are many other ways to turn your chaos into calm. What suggestions do you have? I would love to hear from you.
In the meantime, have a great week!