We live in a fast paced world these days and it seems we never find the time to slow down and relax.
Every day we have a list of things we need to get done. Whether it's at work or at home, the list goes on and on. It can be exhausting.
I have worked with many clients over the years to teach them the tools they need to be successful at creating balance in their life.
Here are some quick tips you can use to begin learning how to create that balance:
1. Create a list of everything you need to do. Just get it out of your head and onto paper or, if you prefer, an electronic method such as your computer or phone. Whether it's a quick phone call or planning a party, write it all down.
2. Select a limited number of things each day. The tendency is to clog our schedule with more things than we have time to do. When we don't get them accomplished, we feel like we've failed. Instead, pick only a few items, but do this on a daily basis. Think about it. If you accomplish only three things a day, you've accomplished twenty-one in a week!
3. Determine the amount of time you have to accomplish your To Do's. Don't commit all of your time every day to getting things done. Determine whether you can be productive for two hours, one hour or even a half hour where you can focus, without distraction or interruption to get things done. If you accomplish your short list of goals and feel you can do more and have more time, go right ahead. Not every day will be the same.
4. Reward yourself. After you have completed your short list of To Do's that day, reward yourself. Take a half hour or even 15 minutes to do something that you enjoy. You could read a book or magazine, call a friend, take a relaxing bath; whatever makes you feel good about yourself.
5. Rinse and repeat. Make this process a daily habit. In one week's time, you will see that you are accomplishing more and have less stress because you are creating balance in your life. You are getting things done and still finding time for yourself!
I have incorporated these habits into my own life over the years and, trust me, it works!
If you need assistance in creating a more balanced life like I have, let's set up a time to talk about how you can reach your goals. Customized time management coaching is the key to your success!