So now you are about four to six months before your wedding. What should you be doing?
Here are some suggestions:
- Select and order your wedding invitations, envelopes and thank-you cards. Make sure you order extra to be sure you will have enough. It's better to have too much than not enough. You can order them from various places including catalogs, party stores, card stores such as Hallmark, etc. Price out various options to see what best fits your budget.
- Select and purchase wedding favors. You can choose from specially wrapped candy bars, chocolate kisses, candy coated almonds, ceramics, small Teddy bears, etc. Be creative!
- Book your honeymoon and verify that you have the necessary travel documents if you are going out of the United States. Passports can take a couple of months to obtain so don't wait too long. Some destinations will accept a drivers license and original birth certificate. Check with your travel agent for details.
- Book accommodations for any out-of-town guests. Select a place that is conveniently located near the weekend activities to make their stay less stressful. Arrange transportation to and from the airport if applicable, as well. Have something special placed in their room to make them feel welcome when they arrive. Keep children in mind as well. They need to feel special.
- Finalize your guest list and send out save-the-date cards to make sure that everyone who will be invited knows well in advance not to schedule anything else on that day.
- Print out directions to the ceremony, reception, rehearsal dinner and hotel(s) for your guests. Make sure they are included in your invitations when they are sent out.
- Reserve transportation for you and your wedding party to and from the wedding. This can be in the form of a limousine, van, bus, trolley, carriage, etc.
More tips are coming your way so check back regularly so that you can plan and organize that special day right up to the very last moment!
In the meantime, as always, if you have any organizing questions or problems you would like me to address, please feel free to contact me at A BETTER SPACE. I will be glad to help.