Continuing with the information I provided in my last blog, I am providing you with an ongoing checklist to prepare for your wedding day:
Here are some suggestions to help:
SIX TO NINE MONTHS BEFORE -
- Choose one or more bridal gift registries. This will help your friends and family purchase items for you that you really need and want. Carefully consider the items you wish to have when you begin your new life with your future husband. Go through the various rooms in a home and make a general list. Common choices are bed linens, bathroom accessories, items for the kitchen such as pots and pans, dishes, glassware, silverware, placemats and oven mits, small appliances, cookware, etc. Don't forget the vacuum cleaner and other tools to keep your home clean and neat.
- Order your wedding gown and bridal accessories as soon as possible to make sure everything will be ready on time for your special day. You will need time for alterations later so don't wait til the last minute to get this important detail taken care of.
- Begin shopping for your bridesmails dresses. Consider the time of year and what type of gown would look good on various body shapes. I personally purchased my bridesmaids gowns on line through a clothing catalog and was able to match the flower girl's gown with the bridesmaids at a very reasonable cost. The bridesmaids appreciated that I took their budgets into consideration when making my choice.
- Find an officiant who will perform your ceremony, whether you are interested in a religious ceremony or a more non-traditional ceremony, it is important to contact that person as soon as possible to make sure that they are available.
- Select and book the band or disc jockey, photographer, videographer, caterer and florist. Get recommendations from those you trust. You are investing a lot of money in their services and you want to make sure they will meet your expectations. When you contract with them, read the contract carefully and make sure you understand every aspect of it. Be specific about what it is you are looking for. Discuss the type of music you wish to hear, the particular photos and video you want to have taken, the type of food you wish to have served and the type of floral arrangements and bouquets you want to have created. Stay in contact with those you've hired on a monthly basis to make sure they are clear as to the arrangements you have made. DO NOT PAY THEM IN FULL UNTIL THE DAY OF THE WEDDING OR SHORTLY THEREAFTER. This is important to protect yourself from possible fraud.
In the coming weeks, I will provide you with additional tips to help you plan and organize that special day right up to the day of the Wedding. Stay tuned!
In the meantime, if you have any organizing questions or problems you would like me to address, please feel free to contact me at A BETTER SPACE. I will be glad to help.