You might be familiar with the book "Eat This, Not That" by David Zinczenko and Matt Goulding. It got me thinking. This concept can apply to our possessions and therefore, I have a few recommendations for "KEEP THIS, NOT THAT".
Here are a few to consider:
1. Get a subscription to Netflix as opposed to keeping a large collection of DVD's.
2. Use a filing cabinet instead of a box or crate to store your important papers.
3. Purchase a Kindle instead of having a large amount of paperback books.
4. Use an e-calendar to store important appointments and deadlines as opposed to having various calendars around the house. Share the information with your family with this one resource.
5. Replace areas of grass with English Ivy. It does not require mowing; just trimming along the edges. No weed or grub treatments, fertilizing, or watering , except in extremely hot and dry conditions. This saves time and money!
6. Use a scanner to reduce the amount of paperwork you retain and then subscribe to Carbonite to securely maintain the information.
7. Utilize a re-useable water bottle and water purifier instead of purchasing cases of bottled water.
8. Use reusable grocery bags instead of the plastic grocery bags they provide at the supermarket.
These are just a few examples. There are so many other ways to "Keep This, Not That". What ideas can you come up with?
If you are overwhelmed and are looking to reduce the amount of items you current possess, A Better Space can help. I can show you how to elminate your clutter and get organized once and for all!
Until next time, I am wishing you an organized day.